Friday, January 9, 2009

There is Light, There is Hope


My cousin Nita is not only an architect, but also an artist. She is currently the only other artist (in this family) with some kind of 'professionalism' in her (or his) approach to art.
PS: The other 2 'artists' (or rather 2 people who may from time to time, call themselves artists are my 2 daughters, Airina & Izzati. But this is a story for another time).

Nita the artist:
Nita the artist currently paints for (i) her self expression, and (ii) for her walls. [:)]

She has a preference for (what I call, for lack of better term....or rather my lack of knowledge of the 'correct' art terminology) ANALOGICAL paintings. Never direct, never exact. Always representative, always analogical. Very sophisticated.
Nonetheless, since she doesn't (necessarily) titles her paintings, I (as the 'kepochi' cousin) shall coin it for her + (attempt) to (nevertheless) 'interpret' her compositions.
That said, I myself am no artist; & thus, my interpretations may simply be called 'misinterpretations' by my cousin Nita. But, who says art must be understood right?
So, this drawing of hers, I shall call a 'hope' (inspired) drawing. In sync with my 'Art for Hope' (assistance & focus) for Uncle Din (who of course is also Nita's uncle), I shall title this drawing of Nita's "There is Light, There is Hope".

(Dear readers), please see if you can see that (i.e. hope) as well.
Or, do you see something else.....?
"What will be.....will be".......

No comments: